Friday, September 9, 2016

Jimmy Jokes (Imported Blog 3)

Jimmy Jokes

Whenever a bad joke is offered at work, everyone cries "Jimmy joke". I resent that of course. The implication that all I ever serve up lack humor is completely false. Come to think of it, probably it's just that nobody ever appreciates puns, of which I am terribly fond of. Yep, punny I am. Puny I certainly am not. Whatever, I always enjoy a good laugh and here are some lighthearted moments with my kids.

On our summer trek to Baguio, we were having a difficult time explaining to our kids the vandalism done on the large bust of Marcos along the hi-way, until television came to the rescue. We offered that people were mad with Marcos but that only prompted a "why?" from my son. I finally satisfied their curiosity by using a common "Barney" topic: People were mad because Marcos didn't like to take turns.
~~0~~

My wife and I were surprised to hear 3-year-old Miguel using the word "sexy" during play with his younger brother. Because Miguel had once called his mom sexy after she has taken a bath, my wife became curious and asked Miguel what he meant. To our great amusement, he referred to an action figure his brother has taken the clothes off from. 
~~0~~

I was surprised to overhear Miguel and Gabriel using the word sexy again while they were playing in their room. Curious, I came in and asked them who was sexy. Pointing to the Justice League packaging of a Batmancostume we had bought for a party. Gabriel said it was Wonder Womanwho was sexy. Deciding to probe their understanding of the word, I asked: How about Hawk Girl? Sexy, both boys shouted. How about Batman? Again they answered: sexy. Hmmm. How about mommy? Macho! Miguel shouted, mischief gleaming in his eyes.
~~0~~
One of the things Nai likes to do when cuddling with the kids at bed time is to ask them what I would call her kulit questions. Once she asked Miguel whether he missed his dad while I was away on work. Miguel answered, yes he did. Nai then asked, how about mommy, do you miss mommy. Miguel said no. Taken aback, his mom then asked again with a hurt tone in her voice, you don't miss mommy? So Miguel conceded and said, Miss din,but qualified konti lang. 

No comments:

Post a Comment